Preparing for a 1.5 - 2
The following list of gear will assist you in planning your trip.
Email below with any further questions:
· Duffel Bag - Considered best for storage.
· Pants/Shirts/Socks/Undies - *Bring a change for each day.
*I prefer at least 2 pairs of socks for each day because especially
during heavy seas or weather dry feet are crucial for keeping warm.
· Jacket - For cool nights and cooler days.
· Sneakers - Bring two pair so you always have a dry spare.
· Rubber Boots - One pair of short, comfortable boots.
· Hat - Wide brim, baseball caps, etc.
· Sun Glasses - Polarized to cut the glare. Security strap to
· Sunscreen - Sweat-proof, waterproof, the broad spectrum type.
· Toiletries - Bath towel, shampoo, soap, razor, toothbrush,
· Tools - Dykes, Duckbill pliers, holder and belt.
· Rubber Gloves - For handling you catch at the end of the trip.
· Rod Belt - A personal choice as to what is most comfortable
· Harness - Should be the kidney belt type.
· Sea Sick Medication & Remedies -
I have had good results telling people to
take Bonine before a trip. Check with your physician for preferred
method of prevention.
There are several over-the-counter products that are very effective.
Key is not to wait
until sick to take any product. The patch seems effective for many
|RODS / REELS / TACKLE
1 Each 25#
Rod & Reel
1 Each 40#
Rod & Reel
If Blue Fin Tuna are around add:
Shimano 30 and Rod with 60#, or
Penn International 30 and Rod with 60#
& 4/0 (for Blue Fin)